Based in Dublin West - D12
We are looking for a dedicated Dev Ops Engineer who will manage all project source materials. This will include maintaining the source control library, all software source code and project documentation. The role will involve maintaining and upgrading the source control tools and coordinate the establishment of project environments by working with development teams and system administrators to define and document project environment requirements, to set up project servers, to deploy projects and third party software.
· Managing the build process, code repositories and deployments.
· Develops automation of software builds and deployments.
· Ensures that appropriate quality steps and approvals are adhered to prior to software promotions.
· Works with Architects, Developers and Quality Assurance to identify and resolve build or deployment problems.
· Ensuring appropriate project documentation is available for each new build or release.
· Smoke testing builds for accuracy and completeness.
2. Desired Skills
· A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (development tools, version control, QA and deployment).
· Well-honed SCM skills and strong understanding of software configuration management. Ability to perform complex SCM tasks and ability to mentor or train others in the configuration management effort.
· Possesses expertize in one or more of the following areas: Source Control tools such as GIT, SVN, and CVS; Configuration Management tools such as ClearCase and Continuous CM; Linux JBOSS stack; Software engineering or programming; or Unix and Windows Scripting.
· A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills. Must have a service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving.
· Ability to thrive in a changing environment. Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple priorities.
3. Education & Required Experience
Bachelor of Science or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a technology field.
2+ years’ experience in software configuration management, system administration, software or systems engineering, software project management, or software quality assurance.