TerraNua, founded in 2000, is a professional services company providing business and system integration, consulting and IT products to the Financial Services and Compliance Industries.
From 2000 until 2008 TerraNua built and supported IT solutions (primarily risk, compliance and retirement solutions) for large financial services firms. In 2006-07, TerraNua built the MyComplianceOffice platform to be a comprehensive compliance platform for automating the procedures in an investment firm’s compliance program.
Since 2008, TerraNua has focused on marketing and selling its MyComplianceOffice platform to the investment industry although it continues to build and support custom risk and compliance solutions for large financial services firms. MyComplianceOffice is the primary offering of the TerraNua firm at this time. TerraNua’s mission is to make MyComplianceOffice the dominant compliance platform for the investment industry globally.
- Taking full ownership of database management and performance tuning
- Improve and optimize DB Schema
- Help with DB schema and engine migration
- Database tuning and monitoring
- Database design
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and QA engineers to deliver high quality DBA services
- Contribute to scrum sessions and the overall improvement in our development process.
- Being member of on-call rota for high severity issues after-hours.
- IT Experience with at least 5 years as Database/System Administrator
- Expertise in Database maintenance, optimization and performance tuning
- Expertise in Replication techniques, backups and restores
- Ability to create, edit and debug SQL for Oracle Enterprise and MySql
- Advanced Unix and SQL scripting skill.
- Linux administration skills
- Ability to escalate technical issues in an effective manner and effectively resolve these in conjunction with the rest of the team and/or the customer
- Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions
- Keen interest in technology and an active awareness of the technical directions and new tool and techniques appearing in the marketplace
Experience with the following development tools/environments would be beneficial:
- Oracle / SQL
- SaaS/Multi-Tenant Environment
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud platform would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Financial/Audit/Compliance Services is a plus
- Ability to communicate with Business Analysts regarding user requirements
Permanent - Full time
Required ExperienceIT Experience with at least 5 years as Database/System Administrator