Next week, members of the MyComplianceOffice team will be joining compliance practitioners, regulators, and more to attend and exhibit at the 2016 NSCP National Conference at the Omni Hotel in Washington, DC.
Only a 12 minute metro from downtown D.C, the conference’s convenient location is close to many historic landmarks. To prepare, we at MyComplianceOffice have compiled a list of 8 things to do, apart from the obvious Capitol Building or memorials while in DC.
1) Arrive early and meet with members of the MyComplianceOffice team at Sunday’s Kick-off reception with exhibitors. Our team loves to meet new people and to connect with existing clients. We’re happy to give live demonstrations or arrange networking meetings.
2) See Abe Lincoln’s top hat, Julia Child’s kitchen, and a collection of dresses worn by first ladies at their husbands’ inaugurations, among a huge collection of 3 million artifacts. The Smithsonian National Museum of American History is a must-see on our list. How to get there.
3) Learn about the secret history of spies, from the Greek and Roman empires through present day at the International Spy Museum. A 15 minute metro from the conference venue takes you into a world of intelligence operations and deceptions that changed history. How to get there.
4) Enjoy your morning cup of jo while.. gaining insight over stimulating conversation with industry leaders, exhibitors and other attendees. One of many great networking opportunities during the 3 day agenda.
5) Visit the Smithsonian American Art Museum's contemporary craft and decorative arts at the Renwick Gallery, located just past the White House. The building itself is a National Historic Landmark and a must-see if you haven’t visited since it reopened its doors after an extensive two year renovation last November. How to get there.
6) Attend as many conference sessions as you can! Three days, more than 50 sessions, and in excess of 150 speakers. The NSCP conference is a great opportunity to meet with your peers and learn about the latest legislative updates, gather industry insights and see what the future of compliance looks like. So much to do in so little time!
7) Treat Yo'self. If you find yourself in downtown D.C over the week, be sure to stop into Rare Sweets and treat yourself to a savory desert. With a 4.5 out of 5 star rating on Yelp, Rare Sweets is a must visit for any sweet tooths. Location.
8) Drop by booth 32 to learn how MyComplianceOffice (MCO) puts you in command of your compliance program, synchronizing your business needs with regulations. MCO seamlessly integrates with your existing processes to reduce complexity, time and cost.
Still need ideas? View the full Agenda here. We hope to see you in DC!