The 4th Edition Third Party Vendor Risk Management for Financial Institutions will be held at the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, September 12-14th. While the conference promises to be an interesting and beneficial event, we at MCO have compiled a list of 8 must do things during your time in the city by the bay.
1) Visit Alcatraz. If you are arriving a few days before the conference, make time to visit Alcatraz Island. While the island known as "The Rock" is infamous due to the federal penitentiary there, visitors can enjoy gardens, views of the bay, and see the site of the first lighthouse and US built fort on the West Coast. The ferry to Alcatraz is located just 0.1 miles from Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel at Hornblower Alcatraz Landing at Pier 33. Plan your visit.
2) Experience Pier 39. A 45-acre waterfront complex, on the San Francisco Waterfront. Only .3 miles from the conference hotel, the pier hosts a waterfront park, more than a dozen full-service restaurants, 90+ shops and other popular attractions. More info.
3) Get the perfect selfie. 1 mile away from the conference venue. The Fairmont Hotel Roof Garden offers impressive views of the financial district. This spot is a well-kept secret that is sure to impress your instagram followers. How to get there.
4) Attend as many conference sessions as you can! The panel will address key topics such as how to effectively incorporate the latest regulations into their strategies, and optimize processes to aid effective third party risk management.
5) Go for a ride. A symbol of the city for many, San Francisco's cable cars are moving historic landmarks. Stops include Union Square, Chinatown, North Beach and more. Pick up .1 miles from the hotel.
6) Join the MCO team for dinner. Stop by and meet us later in the evening, we can go out for a San Francisco treat!
7) Follow your heart, or rather, the heart trail. More than simply a popular public art series, this initiative has raised more than $220 million to fund initiatives that support research, education and care at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center. The most recognizable of the heart sculptures is Tony Bennett’s heart titled, America's Greatest City By the Bay. This resides permanently on the corner of Powell and Post Streets in San Francisco’s Union Square. Trail info.
8) Drop by our booth. Learn how MCO offers a state-of-the-art solution to give you a clearer picture of the risks posed by vendors and third parties. Our unique risk scoring matrix can harvest from 1 to 100,000 data points on every third party you work with or might want to, ensuring a level of insight that delivers greater control and risk mitigation possibilities. We will integrate with your existing processes, providing real-time oversight through one command center dashboard with drill-down capability. Our expertise is built on more than 15 years of experience with GRC in the financial services industry, allowing us to offer you a comprehensive suite of solutions and to keep you on top of your regulatory responsibilities. This solution fully integrates with our complete suits of risk and compliance solutions.
Click here to find the agenda. We hope to see you in San Francisco.