The ABA Regulatory Compliance Conference begins Sunday, June 11 at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel in Orlando, FL. MyComplianceOffice is excited to be a part of this national conversation on compliance as first time exhibitors. In preparation, we’ve compiled our top 8 things to do while in Orlando this week.
1) Visit the East End Market, a neighborhood market and cultural food hub inspired by Central Florida’s local farmers and food artisans. Arriving a day or two early? Before the conference begins, enjoy some downtime away from the touristy areas of Orlando. At East End Market you can walk through the garden, taste local fare from independent merchants, and on Saturday afternoon enjoy live music in the market's courtyard.
2) Network with your peers. This conference gathers compliance experts from around the country and the world. The program provides attendees with networking times to meet and share ideas with peers, starting with the opening reception at 6 pm on Sunday. Review our networking tips, just updated for 2017.
3) Visit Mickey Mouse. The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is conveniently located near the parks and attractions. We can't make a list like this without urging everyone to take advantage of the close proximity and opportunity to meet the Disney characters, check out the rides and watch a parade or Disney's impressive nightly firework display.
4) Join the Conversation. We're looking forward to Sunday's Compliance Hot Topics Roundtable. Ryan Rasske, Senior Vice President of Risk and Compliance Markets of American Bankers Association will moderate an in-depth discussion on identifying and mitigating emerging compliance risks as well as various approaches to managing through uncertainty.
5) Visit the exhibits! Every solution offers different features and interfaces, and conferences are a great opportunity to find out what’s available. This is a white paper that talks about the decision to use compliance technology: CCO’s Guide to Migrate your Compliance Program to a SaaS Solution.
6) Gather tips on "How to Be a Wildly Effective Compliance Officer." ABA session speakers are some of the best compliance minds in the country. Monday's luncheon will feature Kristy Grant Hart, a globally recognized consultant and speaker and author.
7) Take an evening stroll on the boardwalk. Disney’s BoardWalk is a quarter-mile promenade featuring plenty of nightlife, selfie opportunities, unique dining spots and even a few street performers.
8) Visit MCO at Booth 309 to learn how MyComplianceOffice (MCO) puts you in command of your compliance program, synchronizing your business needs with regulations. MCO seamlessly integrates with your existing processes to reduce complexity, time and cost.
No matter what’s on your itinerary, we at MCO hope to see you this Sunday!
Still need ideas? View the full program here.