Ready your Firm: Senior Managers and Certification Regime Fundamentals
The UK’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) came into force for banks, other deposit-takers and PRA-regulated investment firms in March 2016. The regime is expected to be brought into effect for the rest of the UK financial services industry in 2018.
- Intro (2:43)
- The current regime (1:43)
- Why a new regime? (2:44)
- Individual Accountability & Collective Responsibility (2:12)
- Timeline & what has changed? (3:54)
- Senior Managers Regime explained (3:18)
- Certification Regime explained (2:28)
- Conduct Rules - What constitutes a breach? (10:33)
- Implementing the regime (8:54)
- Common questions & queries (5:03)
- Enforcing Senior Managers & Certification Regime (6:46)
- Q&A (4:46)
Interested in learning more about SMCR?
Download our whitepaper; 'Senior Managers and Certification Regime - How to Prepare Your Organisation'.
This webinar was co-hosted with Eversheds Sutherland. Visit the official site here: www.eversheds-sutherland.com/smcr