The 15th Annual Compliance & Ethics Institute will be hosted at the Sheraton Chicago, September 25-28. While the conference promises to be an interesting and beneficial event, we at MyComplianceOffice have compiled a list of 8 must do things during your time in the Windy City.
1) Make time for the Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise. A 8 minute walk from the hotel. Rated the top tour in Chicago and one to the best ten tours in the US by Trip Advisor, this 1.5 hour tour is a relaxing way to see and appreciate the beauty and history of America’s second city. Buy your tickets here.
2) Experience Chicago-style, deep-dish at the Giordanos. A Chicago institution for more than forty years, the world-famous stuffed pizza is irresistible, with one location a 12 minute walk from the hotel. Find your way here.
3) Get the perfect selfie. British artist Anish Kapoor's first public outdoor work installed in the United States, Cloud Gate called “the bean” by local Chicagoans reflects the city’s skyline and makes the perfect backdrop. A 15 minute walk from the hotel.
4) Attend as many conference sessions as you can! The speaker panel of experts in compliance, ethics and risk will address key topics such as vendor third party risk, strengthening compliance culture, the future of compliance, data privacy/info sec and more. Our pick of the bunch is the discussion group on Tuesday at 1-2pm, "Does Defensible Compliance Mean Understood compliance" hosted @RichardBistrong
5) Step out onto the ledge. The Willis Tower, formerly Sears Tower, is the tallest buildings in the Western Hemisphere. At 1,353 feet in the air, the buildings Ledge’s glass boxes extend out 4.3 feet from the Skydeck. This gives you panoramic views of the windy city. Find your way here.
6) Taste Chicago. Al's # 1 Italian Beef features a menu of Chicago food staples including overstuffed, thinly sliced Italian beef sandwiches prepared with Al's special combination of spices. Be warned: ketchup on a Chicago-style hot dog is spicy. View the menu here.
7) Enjoy panoramic views of the city and refreshing cocktails at the Signature Lounge on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building. Official Site.
8) Drop by booth 506. We work with you to synchronize the needs of your business with the demands of regulation in your sector through effective compliance program solutions. Our software integrates with your existing processes, proviing real-time overshight and control, through one command dashboard. Our expertise is built on almost 20 years of experience, allowing us to offer you a comprehensive suite of solutions covering employee code of conduct, third party and vendor management, customer management and trade surveillance systems. We offer an extensive range of modules covering everything from gifts and entertainment to personal trade monitoring to vendor on-boarding.
View the full agenda here. We hope to see you in Chicago.