Compliance Conference season is well underway. Next week, MyComplianceOffice will journey to “the heart of Europe” to exhibit and attend the SCCE’s 5th Annual European Compliance & Ethics in Prague, April 2-5. Back by popular demand is our list of top things to do and best “selfie” destinations to make the most out of your trip!
1) Visit Prague castle. A UNESCO World Heritage site, Prague Castle holds the Guinness Book of World Records for being the largest coherent castle complex in the world. A breathtaking monument to the past, it’s a must see! Details.
2) Get an early jump on the day. Escape the hotel before sessions and grab a cup of Original Coffee, located near the church of Jan Hus at Betlemske Namesti. Early mornings mean fewer crowds and should provide you with the opportunity to get a few good selfies near the picturesque streets closeby like Zlata and Stribrna.
3) Exchange ideas with colleagues and stay in touch. This conference provides the opportunity to learn from experienced, international Compliance and Ethics professionals as they discuss compliance and ethics challenges and solutions. Before and after the event, be sure to follow them on social media, sign up for their newsletters, blog and alert services. You only need to scan this information to get a quick grasp of what is current and go through in detail the issues that impact you and your organization. We have a blog that covers a lot of information from different sources and you can sign up here.
4) Cross the bridge. Charles Bridge gets its namesake from King Charles IV who commissioned it in 1357. It is truly Prague's most stunning bridge with 16 arches and 30 Baroque statues of religious figures.
5) Visit the exhibit hall. Take this opportunity to meet with vendors. Every solution offers different features and interfaces, and conferences are a great opportunity to find out what’s new in the marketplace. This is a white paper that talks about the decision to use compliance technology: CCO’s Guide to Migrate your Compliance Program to a SaaS Solution. Software as a Service (SaaS) is the most popular way for organizations to avail of specialist software. SaaS solutions are developed by specialist software companies and offer significant efficiencies, cost savings and even improvements in the culture compliance at an organization.
6) Build your Network. Compliance Conferences are great for networking and ECEI is no exception! In fact, this conference even has Speednetworking event designed to help you build out your network of professional contacts. Not able to make this event? No problem. There are plenty more opportunities. One great tip to get yourself noticed is to ask a question at the end of a presentation, but remember to introduce yourself first so people know who you are.
7) Have a drink. There is no better way to end a day of sessions than enjoying a cold brew or a freshly shaken cocktail. Prague has a reputation for beer but in recent years, its craft cocktail scene has earned international esteem. The nightlife at Old Town Square has something for everyone.
8) Drop by the MCO booth to learn how MyComplianceOffice (MCO) puts you in command of your compliance program, synchronizing your business needs with regulations. MCO seamlessly integrates with your existing processes to reduce complexity, time and cost.
No matter what’s on your itinerary, We at MCO hope to see you next week in “The City of a Hundred Spires.”
Click here to view the official site. We hope to see you in Prague.