In today's political environment the Sunshine Act has received increased media attention. This legislation mandates that pharmaceutical companies take on the difficult task of monitoring and managing entertainment and hospitality for key opinion leaders (KOLs).
In order to better understand the necessary level of supervision required for this task, MCO has created an infographic based on data retrieved from Open Payments Data.Gov. We think it speaks for itself.
Have an opinion or insights into the latest Sunshine Act statistics? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below or engage with us on Twitter @mycompliance.
The Facts About Open Pharma Payments
Total US Dollar value: $7.33 Billion
Total records published: 11.91 Million
- Total companies making payments: 1,455
- General payments: US Dollar value $2.60 Billion
- Research payments: US Dollar value $3.90 Billion
- Value of Ownership or investment interest: US Dollar value $832.22 Million
- Total physicians with payment records: 618,000
- General payments: US Dollar value $1.99 Billion
- Research payments and associated research funding to physicians: US Dollar value $85.58 Million
- Value of ownership or investment interest: US Dollar value $ 832.22 Million
- Total teaching hospitals with payment records: 1,111
- General payments: US Dollar value $602.41 Million
- Research payments: US Dollar value $719.35 Million
- Value of ownership or investment interest: US Dollar value N/A**
For an integrated suite of compliance management solutions that cover personal trading, third party risk management, gifts and entertainment, OBA’s and much more, visit www.mycomplianceoffice.com.
Data from OpenPaymentsData.CMS.gov