It's the time of year again when compliance practitioners, experts and regulators gather in Washington DC to network and discuss industry issues annual conferences. To make your next trip a little more fun, MyComplianceOffice (MCO) staff has put together a list of great things to do while in DC.
1) Taste the best barbecue sandwich in DC. According to The Washington City Paper, the “Carolina on my mind” at The Federalist Pig is the best sandwich in DC in 2017. This restaurant offers wood-smoked, dry-rubbed pork, brisket, turkey and wings in a relaxed atmosphere.
2) Walk the National Mall. The Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial and Martin Luther King Jr Memorial just some of the stops along this iconic walk. Map here.
3) Sip and be seen. The POV Rooftop Lounge and Terrace at the W Hotel is a trendy rooftop bar offering seasonal cocktails and sensational views of the monuments. This spot guarantees Instagram likes. Use #drinksintheair.
4) Visit the oldest, continually operating open-air fish market in the US. The Main Avenue Fish Market is a DC landmark. The DC Wharf in the Southwest Waterfront neighborhood has seen a revitalization in recent years, attracting new shops and restaurants.
5) Enjoy a Michelin-star dinner. The overall dinner experience at Plume in the Jefferson Hotel is exceptional. The restaurant’s rendition of Lobster gratin is a must-try dish.
6) Shop Georgetown. This historic neighborhood features favorite designer stores like Rag and Bone and as well as independent, local boutiques like Lynn Louisa, Violet Boutique and Hu’s Shoes. Map here.
7) Treat Yo'self. Georgetown Cupcakes is a treat for reality-tv fans and sweet tooths. The small shop was made famous by TLC’s DC Cupcakes. This is a popular spot so be prepared for a line if you go during peak hours.
8) Visit MyComplianceOffice (MCO). provides compliance management software that enables companies around the world to reduce their risk of misconduct. Our powerful platform lets compliance professionals demonstrate they are proactively managing the regulated activities of employees, third-party vendors and other agents of the firm.
Available as a unified suite or à la carte, our easy-to-use and extensible SaaS-based solutions get clients up and running quickly and cost-efficiently. We’ve built our passion and proficiency for compliance automation into every product, empowering clients of all sizes to maximize technology to minimize conduct risk.
No matter what's on your itinerary, we at MCO look forward to seeing you and hope you have a great time at your upcoming conference!