Here at MCO we keep a close eye on the activities of regulators. Read the highlights here; FINRA fines in Q1 2018 - 6 Findings.
1) Q1 has seen FINRA hand out a total of $33.7 million in fines against member firms and $23.1 mil in restitution back to customers, resulting in a total of $56.8 million for Q1 2018.
2) This $56.8 mil total is down 67% from 2017's record Q1 (95 mil), however it is still 61% more than both Q3 (26.8 mil) and Q4 (8.5 mil) of 2017's totals combined.
3) Q1 has seen a total of 82 firms sanctioned.
4) The largest fine of the year so far was $13 million in February to Merrill Lynch over AML failures and for 'not filing suspicious activity reports.'
5) There has been a total of 3 firms expelled by FINRA in Q1
6) The average dollar amount per enforcement action (fine and/or restitutions ) was $411,539
Do you have the right systems in place to ensure your firm is not the next to be faced with a fine?Download a free brochure for our KYE solution to ensure that your firm is compliant.
Read our blog post summarizing FINRA Fines in 2017 Subscribe to our blog on the right to keep up to date on everything FINRA, SEC, FCPA & more.
You can access the official FINRA disciplinary records here.